ConductIT is an open online teaching and learning resource for conducting students and conductors at all levels. The resource consists of a comprehensive collection of materials on all aspects of conducting. The more traditional topics, such as technique, are addressed in an innovative and interactive manner, and we look in detail at the very wide-ranging package of skills required by a successful conductor in the 21st Century.
- The ConductIT MOOC is a self-contained entry-level conducting course – a taster introducing you to the art of conducting.
- The Study Room is the place to explore conducting technique, rehearsal skills, score study and preparation.
- In the Careers Office you will find out about career development, professional skills, leadership, artistry and gender issues, much of it through interviews with conductors at all stages of their careers, and music business stakeholders.
- The Rehearsal Studio contains a series of case study documentaries illustrating working in various genres and styles.
Who is ConductIT for?
- Music students and musicians who want to develop their knowledge and skills, typically in preparation for formal conducting studies or to become conducting professionals.
- Educators who are active as conductors in their line of work and who wish to develop and further their skills in conducting through continued education. These conductors typically work with community orchestras, bands and choirs, or as educators in primary/secondary education.
- Musicians and the music interested who want to understand more about conducting and conductors, but who do not plan to practise the craft and art of conducting.
- Conducting teachers who wish to find new and innovative ways of engaging their students.
ConductIT is a part of the ERASMUS+ program
KA2 – Cooperation for Innovation and the Exchange of Good Practices /
KA203 – Strategic Partnerships for higher education.
The project is funded by Erasmus+